- Working Here
- Career Areas
About Our Company
Robesonia Logistics, LLC is one of the largest wholesale grocery suppliers in the Northeast, and is one of many companies within the C&S Family of Companies, the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. At Robesonia Logistics, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with Robesonia Logistics. Robesonia Logistics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The primary purpose of the Director, Fresh Procurement position is to: Set direction and coordinate all activities with Procurement teams for a specific commodity/product group. Responsible for adherence to contractual obligations, service levels and inventory levels and determining the most effective way in which to execute. In addition, the Director, Fresh Procurement will be responsible for employee development, succession planning, coordinating and implementing strategic service level and inventory initiatives. This position will oversee merchandising activity relating to promotional dollars, ad creation and trends within the market giving department driving a competitive advantage. The Director will utilize market knowledge to determine the future direction of the department including product assortments, product offerings and pricing strategy. The role will work across teams in procurement towards department/company level KPI’s. The Director, Fresh Procurement will also work cross departmentally on process improvement initiatives with transportation, operations, merchandising, account teams, etc., to ensure all activities are taking a streamlined approach in the overarching company strategy.
• Establish long-term and short term plans to ensure service level goals are met and manage inventory levels to meet customer needs in a financially responsible manner. These plans are in coordination with stakeholders at all levels across multiple departments. Responsible for yearly sales of up to $3 billion and an average annual inventory level of 55-165 million cases that move through multiple buildings. Exhibit a strong dedication in building upon the current sales base and providing additional gross profit through a vast knowledge of moving commodity markets with current and future customers.
• Lead, coach, mentor, and develop associates for continuous performance, succession planning, and leadership development, with a focus on the company's defined leadership core competencies. Utilize other departments for support in this are as needed.
• Identify ways to drive sales and margin growth in the commodity/product group through the development of merchandising programs; oversee a team performing daily tasks regarding flyer, spot buys, truckload deals, food show and promotional dollars. Direct weekly reviews with customers regarding ad creation and planogram implantation. Utilize retail experience for new item set up and speed to shelf while focusing on key trends within the industry and educating internal team and external customers on market effectiveness.
• Work closely with VP’s and Directors on department level projects including, but not limited to, holiday planning, forecasting initiatives, vendor/manufacture collaboration, business expansions, new customer startups, realignments, and continual process improvement initiatives
• Support procurement teams, CI’s, & AE’s as point of escalation to service level and inventory issues with vendors and customers, with a strong focus on root cause and drive the potential for process improvements.
Degree: Required - Bachelor's Degree
10-15 years of related work experience
Extensive knowledge of procurement activities; Strong ability to negotiate, create, and build/leverage successful relationships with vendors, customers, and internal cross-functional teams; Excellent Human Resource management skills in coaching, training, mentoring, recognizing, and developing employees and handling corrective actions situations
Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to link the company's strategy (Expand, Develop, Improve, and Grow) to the actions of the department; Sound statistical acumen, interpretation, and analytical skills; Proficient with Microsoft Office applications - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Demonstrated strong organizational and prioritization skills
1st Shift (United States of America)
Robesonia Logistics LLC
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.